Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Words in the Dust

Words in the Dust

Zulaikha, a 13-year-old girl in Afghanistan, faces a series of frightening but exhilarating changes in her life as she defies her father and secretly meets with an old woman who teaches her to read, her older sister gets married, and American troops offer her surgery to fix her cleft lip.

If you have general comments or questions, please leave them on the Caudill Club home page.

If you've read the book, please fill out your Feedback Form here!

Gabrielle E. commented on 11/13/2013

I really loved this book! Zulaikha is a girl that has something wrong with her face. While I was reading I felt really bad for her. I felt like giving a 4 stars but ended up with 5 stars! But I felt reall happy when she got [SPOILER]. 5 stars.

Jenna E. commented on 11/28/2013

I loved this book. The author really described the setting really well because felt i actually was in there. 5 stars.

Natalia G. commented on 12/15/2013

I give this book 5 stars because it is really good although i feel bad for her becuase of some incedents.

Emilia P. commented on 1/13/2014

I give this book 5 stars because I kina feel sad for Zulaikha be something is wrong with her face. I give this book 5 stars.

No comments: