Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Close to Famous

Close to Famous

Twelve-year-old Foster McFee and her mother escape from her mother's abusive boyfriend and end up in the small town of Culpepper, West Virginia, where they use their strengths and challenge themselves to build a new life, with the help of the friends they make there.

If you have general comments or questions, please leave them on the Caudill Club home page.

If you've read the book, please fill out your Feedback Form here!

Riya P. commented on 10/11/13 

I gave this book five stars because this book was very interesting, i also feel bad for Foster that she had to leave in a hurry. It also inspired me to make cupcakes. 5 stars.

Grace M. commented on 10/18/13

this book is very sad and gets me love someone. 4 stars.

Natalia G. commented on 10/22/2013

I give this book 4 stars.Its a pretty good book.But I really feel bad for Foster because she has to leave in a hurry and because she is being chased by her mothers boyfriend.

Claudia R. commented on 10/28/2013

I really like this book because I liked how they got to that city by escaping Fosters mom's boyfriend. Then they sort of power up by the new friends they made. But I also felt bad for Foster. 5 stars.

Alexa J. commented on 11/4/2013


I thought this book was really good between foster learning how to read and baking her way to fame. Also an amazing thing from her idol at the end. 4 stars.

Susan J. commented on 11/9/2013

Fosters mom's boyfriend is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay too obsessed with Elvis. Foster is a strong girl, but I know she is sad & happy she had to move. He's so horrible, I want to get in that book & slap him straight across the face and say "HOW DARE YOU HURT HER!!!!!!!!!" But it was interesting. I rate it 3 stars. 

Julia C. commented on 11/12/2013

Well i would give this book a 3 cause the beginning is was so funny when Huck was spitting and honking the horn but it was sad when they were at the foster home I just don't like it when kids are in the foster home. But I would give this book a 3. 3 stars. 

Xiomara M. commented on 12/2/2013

I liked this book. I liked how when Foster gave someone she baked it made their actions better and their feelings better. I like Fosters personality and how she tried her best to let the things in the past pass instead of holding on to it. I give this book 4 stars.  

Gabrielle E. commented on 12/5/2013

This book was great! Foster is a really gifted girl. She is lucky to be an expert on cooking... This book got me reading.. It was funny and sad at the same time. There was a little bit of humor. I highly recommend this great book (for my opinion..). 5 stars.

Jenna E. commented on 1/4/2014

I really liked this i just love it when foster gets a job baking cupcakes. 4 stars. 

Cindy C. commented on 1/9/2014

I love this book. I really strongly recommend this book. What I do not like about this book is Huck. He is just so evil like a devil. I wonder if she does become a cook... I really do feel bad about her mom. She cares about her daughter so much that she goes all the way.. maybe you should just read it! 5 stars. It may be a long book but it really is worth it! 5 stars. 
  

Naiya P. commented on 1/13/2014 

OMG this book is amazing and funny that i ever read. 5 stars. 

Jake C. commented on 1/28/2014

It was interesting because Foster was able to change an escaped convicts life an save other people's lives too. This book was written like a diary. 4 stars.

Anami P. commented on 2/18/2014

This book was fabulous! It was super interesting.You could really put yourself into Foster's shoes.This book was also full of suspense.You would always want to know what is going to happen next.I really loved reading this book. 5 stars.
 

No comments: