The Lions of Little Rock
In 1958 Little Rock, Arkansas, painfully shy 12-year-old Marlee sees her city and family divided over school integration, but her friendship with Liz, a new student, helps her find her voice and fight against racism.
If you have general comments or questions, please leave them on the Caudill Club home page.
If you've read the book, please fill out your
Feedback Form here!
Natalia G. commented on 10/14/2013
I give it three stars because its a good book but not really interesting. (Spoiler alert) I mostly like the ending,because......
Claudia R. commented on 10/22/2013
I didn't really like this book because it wasn't really interesting.but i really like the ending because [spoiler]. 2 stars.
Susan J. commented on 11/9/2013
This
book was so awesome I couldn't stop reading it. Marlee is so quiet,
but at the end she finally finds her voice to speak up for what is
right. I would be proud to be her friend. This book deserves 5 stars.
Gabrielle E. commented on 12/3/2013
I
really loved this book!! Marlee used to be a quiet mouse now that she
is friend's with- wait I can't tell you better read it! Anyway but at
the end she finally started talking!! I would so recommend this book! I
rated this 5 stars!
Naiya P. commented on 1/19/2014
kThis book was awesome. 5 stars.
Jake C. commented on 1/28/2014
I did not like the story because it was about segregation and I feel
that everyone should be treated fairly. I did like that the main
character was able to lift the ban that allowed segregation in her
school. 4 stars.
Alexa J. commented on 2/9/2014
I
love this book. it is soooo good and so sad about people just being
different colored. i love that liz and Marlee are still friends. with
everything that happens in this book with Marlee facing her fears. i
just love this book. 5 stars
Xiomara M. commented on 2/18/2014
I loved this book so much! It made me very emotional! I think the author made this book very good. 5 stars.
Anami P. commented on 2/18/2014
This
book was so interesting that I couldn't stop reading it.It was nice how
Marlee finally gathered up the courage to stand up for what was
right.It would be nice to have a friend like her.The plot of this book
was also full of suspense.That is why I rated this book 5 stars.
No comments:
New comments are not allowed.