Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz



A Drowned Maiden's Hair by Laura Amy Schlitz

At the Barbary Asylum for Female Orphans, 11-year-old Maud is adopted by three spinster sisters who want her to play an important role in their phony séances.


Web resources about this book and author

Don't forget to fill out your Feedback Form here!

8 people have read this book and the average rating is 4.6 stars.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

It made me feel sad, angry, and happy. It had great and powerful words.

Anonymous said...

It was funny in the beginning and end. Also it was a great story.

Anonymous said...

I love this book. Reading it feels like you're actually back in the book as Maud.

Anonymous said...

I so did not expect what happened...what the secret was. I loved this book.

Anonymous said...

I gave it 5 stars because it was a very interesting story. I did not think that the sisters would be so evil. There was much suspense.

Anonymous said...

I gave it 5 stars because you never expected the sisters to be so mean. Judith and Victoria were not the ones to blame but they should have said this is wrong and stop like Victoria did later in the book. In other words, I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I gave it 5 stars because it was very detailed and expository. Maud really spilled her feelings out in this book.

Anonymous said...

I'm actually on Part 2, I don't want to go any farther cuz I don't want to finish the book.

Anonymous said...

I have it 4 stars because the seances were very interesting, with all the trickery. It was a very good book.

Anonymous said...

I gave it 3 stars because it was very interesting. It made me want to learn more about some stuff.

Anonymous said...

I especially loved the seances. I think that it was good she began to live with Mrs. Lambert at the end because she was not learning good stuff from the three old ladies. 5 stars!

Anonymous said...

I like it because it was a horror story. I gave it 4 stars.

Post a Comment

If you have a general comment, please post it on the home page.

If you HAVE read the book, please use the Feedback Form!