The Green Glass Sea by Ellen KlagesIn 1943, 11-year-old Dewey travels by train to Los Alamos, New Mexico to join her scientist father where he's working on a top secret government program.
Web resources about this book and author
Don't forget to fill out your Feedback Form here!
9 people have read this book and the average rating is 4.4 stars.
11 comments:
I felt like I was there! Later, I felt that I was falling into the book!
I just love this book. I think they should make a movie out of this like Twilight.
It was so interesting. The book was so great because two enemies become best friends.
I gave it 5 stars because it's a very good book. It's historical fiction, too!
I gave it a three because it was ok. I also gave it a three because her father invents or makes an atomic bomb.
Do you think Green Glass Sea was a good choice?
Yes, I do! But not everyone's taste is the same so it's fine if it's not your favorite. Here's a scoop, for those of you who like this book -- the sequel is out and here at the library. It's called White Sands, Red Menace.
I liked how she starts off going on a train. It did not have a lot of action. I gave it 3 stars.
I gave it 4 stars because it was good and something people can relate to in a way. But, I got confused when they suddenly switched to Suzy.
I gave it 5 stars. I am a huge fan of history. I love the plot line!
Green Glass Sea is like you get sucked in and you can't stp reading until you're done!!! It tookall of my will-power to not start reading it when I was finishing up a little bit of homework. I loved it!!! :-)
Post a Comment
If you have a general comment, please post it on the home page.
If you HAVE read the book, please use the Feedback Form!