Sunday, October 19, 2008

Rules by Cynthia Lord



Rules by Cynthia Lord

Frustrated at life with an autistic brother, 12-year-old Catherine longs for a normal existence, but her world is further complicated by a friendship with a young paraplegic.


Web resources about this book and author

Don't forget to fill out your Feedback Form here!

23 people have read this book and the average rating is 3.5 stars.

27 comments:

Anonymous said...

This was a really funny and cool book. Very heart-warming.

Anonymous said...

It is funny, it is sad, and happy! It makes me emotional.

Anonymous said...

I love this book it is a great book if you haven't read this book you should read it.

Anonymous said...

I didn't like it because she had to pick between 2 friends because one has a health problem. Why couldn't she tell her neighbor?

Anonymous said...

I thought the book was really funny. I have an autistic cousin so I really liked it.

Anonymous said...

I think this book is very good and has lots of rules that you can learn from.

Anonymous said...

This book was a lesson for me, it also made me cry!

Anonymous said...

Ist was a very good book. But, I like action, scary, funny, and fun books. It was ok.

Anonymous said...

It was awesome because Catherine teaches David rules. Catherine meets new friends Jason and Katie.

Anonymous said...

I remember when the fourth and fifth graders went to the library and the author of this book was there. It was amazing!!!

Anonymous said...

It is about good friends. I think it is great that the girl helped her autistic brother.

Anonymous said...

I didn't really like this book. It was kind of boring.

Anonymous said...

It was so boring! The beginning didn't make sense, neither did the whole book.

Anonymous said...

It was only about a boy who doesn't have manners. Then his sister teaches him rules.

Anonymous said...

This book isn't that adventurous. It only talks about her brother's problem & rules.

Anonymous said...

I thought this book was very inspiring and I wish more people would help autistic kids in that way! I love working with kids that have autism. I loved it!

Anonymous said...

I gave Rules 3 stars. I thought it helped tell people how it feels to live with someone who has autism. It was a little weird, too, though.

Anonymous said...

I like the whole idea of the book. It also kept me wanting to read it.

Anonymous said...

I gave Rules 5 stars because it's a cool book.

Anonymous said...

I gave this book 5 stars because there were a hundred questions I wanted answers to after I read the book. I wanted to know things like what things David did in OT. These questions made me keep reading. Some parts of the book were emotional, I think emotion is hard to write. I really like books from kid's perspectives. I would recommend this book to anyone.

Anonymous said...

I really liked this book. It was cool how Katherine was friends with Jason even though he was disabled.

Anonymous said...

I couldn't put it down. I liked it so much I have a copy now!

Anonymous said...

I gave it 5 stars. It was the best book you could ever find. I cried, I laughed, and I was filled with so many emotions.

Anonymous said...

This book included a handicapped person which is very different. I like how they put a lot of handicapped people in it because we're not all the same! I gave it 4 stars.

Anonymous said...

I gave it 2 stars because it was so boring. I don't see how some people like it.

Anonymous said...

This book was good. It was kind of sad. I give it 4 stars.

Anonymous said...

I liked that the main character in the story helped Jason. I love that she is patient and cares a lot for her brother even though he sometimes acts weird in front of Catherine's friends because he is autistic. I gave it 3 stars.

Post a Comment

If you have a general comment, please post it on the home page.

If you HAVE read the book, please use the Feedback Form!