Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Notes from the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick

Notes from the Midnight Driver by Jordan Sonnenblick

After being arrested for a drunken stunt, 16-year-old Alex is assigned 100 hours of community service working in the local nursing home where he encounters the cantankerous, guitar-loving Sol Lewis.

Web Resources

Have you read this book?
Fill out the Feedback Form!

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

This book was really good, I recomend this book to every one.

Jared W. said...

The book was very funnie and cool. I also love the idea of the book, kid, well im not going to sssspoil it, just great storie.
5 stars.

Ellie G said...

I just started this book. I just can't seem to be able to read it. The way the auther is discribing the events is just not making sence. Is he writing from the perspective of Alex or some one else? Baced on the first chapter I don't think it is well writen.

Mrs. M said...

Ellie,
If I remember correctly, Alex is telling the story so you're hearing everything from his perspective. Sometimes with first person narration, it takes a while to figure out what is REALLY happening. Give it another few chapters before you give up on it -- it may start making more sense!!

Colleen R. said...

I loved this book. I loved Sol's personality and Sol's and Alex's friendship. I liked how Laurie and Alex never really got together even though they each liked each other a little bit. I just loved this whole book except when [SPOILER!]. 5 stars.

Sean F. said...

This book gives a good lesson about learning from mistakes and friendship. I also like the guitar playing in it. I would recommend this book. 5 stars.

Ellie G said...

Three stars! You were right Mrs.M! I liked the rest of the book! The first chapter didn't make sence but the rest of the book did!

Breanna K. said...

It was excellent. I wish i was Laurie so i could be with Alex. In the beginning i thought i was going to have to put it down and pick it up later, but i kept reading and i couldnt put it down. It was once again a great choice for this year's selected book. I hope the author can make a sequel because i want to know what happens to Alex's parents, Larie, Alex and Sol. It also explained to me that sometimes people are mean or bitter for other reasons you may not know about. 5 stars.

Madeline B. said...

i gave this book a four star becuse Alex gets along with Sol. I like it because Sol and his daughter [SPOILER...]

Denise M. said...

I picked number 5 because it really tells you what does he have to do when he gets arrested.I picked 5 because some parts were funny and because the author described what did he do when the police stopped him and how did he get to use the car. 5 stars.

Anonymous said...

I started reading and didn't like it so it has been sitting in my backpack for about a week.If i was a little older i would probaly understand it.

Lydia V. said...

I really a liked this book it was really funny I would recommend this to everyone who is looking for a funny book. 5 stars.

Eva R. said...

Notes from the midnight driver is the greatest Rebecca caudill book I read it has lots of details.It has some of action but it still a good book.It is a really GOOD BOOK. 5 stars.

Neel P. said...

in was a bad book for me .and it was wiled
1 star

Victoria R. said...

I gave this book a 5 star because it has good description. Also because it has a character that appears to be really nice even though he doesn't always show it. 5 stars.

Magda Z. said...

I gave this book five stars because it has a lot of humor. Also it has great description. 5 stars.

Post a Comment

If you have a general comment, please post it on the home page.

If you HAVE read the book, please use the Feedback Form!