Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Mailbox by Audrey Shafer

The Mailbox by Audrey Shafer

After 12-year-old Gabe’s uncle dies, he isn’t prepared for what happens when the body disappears and he begins to receive anonymous messages in his mailbox.

Web Resources

Have you read this book?
Fill out the Feedback Form!

28 comments:

Ellie G said...

Nothing was going on. The fist cople of chapters were really boring. Their was no action. Also the dead guy was just creepy! The way he left it in his ofice and did't tell anyone. I would have reacted differently to his uncles death. 1 star

Anahi said...

Hey this is a sad and happy story i hope you guys read it !!!

Mrs. O said...

I absolutely loved this book! I was amazed by the strength of the main character and his determination to overcome unfortunate events in his life.

Anahi A. said...

"I think.....
You people should read this book
even if it is sad you can enjoy it.!!!"
5 stars.

Anna S. said...

It was so sad.The Uncle dying and everything. 4 stars.

Lydia V. said...

this book was very slow at the begging then once you start getting to the end you cant stop!!! 5 stars.

Nicole P. said...

it was so intresting i recemend it for fourth and 5th graders. there are some harder words but it was still really good!!!! 5 stars.

Sean F. said...

Very Slow. Very Boring. 1 star.

Madeline B. said...

I like how Gabe takes care of himself when his grandpa dies. I like Guppy and how she listens to Gabe. 5 stars.

Breanna K. said...

I gave this book a four star rating because i felt the emotions of the characters. I could follow the story and enjoyed the hardships of Gabe. I was very happy in the ending and i thought Webber was funny. In the beginning i couldn't get into it, but then i did. Overall i liked it. 4 stars.

Danny S. said...

i give it 5 stars because it is a very cool book.i give it 5 stars because i like mysterious books. 5 stars.

Denise M. said...

I give it a 5 because I liked when it was keep on telling he got mystery notes.it was sad when they took guppy because gave really liked guppy.the sad part was when uncle Vernon died because gave liked uncle Vernon. 5 stars.

Joey B. said...

I give it this rating because I think it's a good book. I also give it this rating because its a mystery book that kids should be able to read. 5 stars.

Paul H. said...

At the beginning it wasn't so interesting but later on it got more interesting.when it got to the part of the talk with captain tarkin It got exciting because of when he was talking about smitty and Vernon. 3 stars.

Marky M. said...

I gave it this rating because in the beginning it was very slow and a little dull but picked up very fast. Another reason is the way the author wrote it. 4 stars.

Brenda G. said...

I liked when he got the letters.I also liked when he got Guppy. 5 stars.

Darius D. said...

I gave it five stars because it had a lot of mystery. Also it talked about history like the Vietnam War.

Karina E. said...

I like mailbox because at first it was a mystery then it got sad. Another reason I like mailbox because almost at the end Mr. Boehm [SPOILER!!] and that was the part I liked the most. 5 stars.

Paul H. said...

At the beginning it wasn't so interesting but later on it got more interesting. when it got to the part of the talk with captain tarkin It got exciting because of when he was talking about smitty and Vernon. 3 stars.

Cazandra F. said...

I give this book four stars because I am not really into it but Kline the details they use and I also like that the book includes history and how they tell about what can happen in the war and you have to be careful (uncle Vernon is very brave!) 4 stars.

Chris R. said...

I give it a four because it is a really good story and it has a lot of details.
And because it has mystery and its sad. 4 stars.

Chris R. said...

I give it a four because it is a really good story and it has a lot of details.
And because it has mystery and its sad. 4 stars.

Luis D. said...

Because it is a really good book and it looks like a mystery. I like this book because it is also a cool book. 5 stars.

Eva R. said...

The Mail box is a awesome book.Is about a boy who his uncle dies and he lives by his own because his parents also died. 5 stars.

Elmer V. said...

i like mail box because is really good to read.
also mail box it so entertaining to read and i like when Gabe gets adopted. 5 stars.

Nicole T. said...

because mailbox kept me in shock and i didn't know what would come next. Also because it was interesting how Gabe changed through out the story. 5 stars.

Jake F. said...

I would give Mailbox 5 stars because it was very exciting and mysterious. I really liked it.

Martin E. said...

I gave it 5 stars because it's a good book and it's intersetig. I liked this book because Gabe found his uncles body on the floor when he came home from school, Gabe has a mystery writer.

Post a Comment

If you have a general comment, please post it on the home page.

If you HAVE read the book, please use the Feedback Form!